Agenda and minutes

Contact: Partnerships and Communities Team  0300 330 7000 e-mail:

No. Item


Welcomes, introductions and apologies pdf icon PDF 185 KB

Additional documents:


Attendance:  Pauline Woodhouse (PW Co Chair), Jamie Wells NBC (JW), Christian Buckenham Northants Police (CB), Rachel Packman Northants Police (RP), Shelly Parker  NBC (SP), Howard Parkinson NBC (HP), Nexhmije Muja, Elona Latifi (EL), Mavis Mundirwa (MM)


PW welcomed everyone to the meeting and introductions made.  Apologies were received from: Neelam Aggarwal, Cllr J Hill, John Rawlins, Matthew Toresen


Minutes and matters arising


PW reviewed the previous minutes. No comments.  Minutes were agreed as a true record.


CB/RP updated on the Chief Constable Supper - 17th October 2019. This is an annual community event where we have community stands, speeches and opportunity to meet and network. The event is invite only. If you would like to be added to our database for 2020, please contact CB or RP.


Guildhall Facilities-Catering


SP & HP introduced themselves and asked the Diverse Forum for feedback as to why they thought that nobody applied for the catering contract at NBC.  NBC are losing business as they are unable to provide catering for different communities in the town.  What do you think we are doing wrong?  PW recommended Coconut Grove Café, The Mews, Gold Street.  Action: PW to give SP’s contact details.   Discussed making contact with Pindy Chahal re Bangladeshi restaurants.  It was discussed the tender process may be too difficult and put people off applying.  Agreed that Catering would support any potential suppliers in the process.  Action: RP / CB to give Catering (HP/SH) contact details they hold on file. 


Albanian Dancing Project in Shcools


EL introduced herself and promoted an event she would like to run in the summer 2020.  The event is open to all communities and they want to bring children together, ages 11-14 promoting Folk Dance. The vision is this would be an outside event, possible market square and welcome for all communities and all types of dancing.  Discussed in detail and agreed that moving forward the Forum could promote the event.   The forum can support by advertising, directing and sharing with community centres.  Action: JW to contact EL and give details of The Deco / other community centres in respect  of making contact to set up a small dance group initially so that all children can join. Link with F2T.  MM to meet with EL after the meeting to link in with Growing Together.  RP advised EL that to work with children the appropriate paperwork would be needed – DBS, Safeguarding etc.  Action: JW to send Government link.  Agreed that once small group set up to come back to the forum to move forward and support further.


Government Windrush Grant


Cllr Hill asked JW to share information re 2020 Windrush Day.  Link:


The grant is available for organisation that run community led projects seeking to celebrate, commemorate and educate about the Windrush Generation.  Minimum funding £2,500 - £25,000.  June 22nd 2020 marks National Windrush Day each year.  Criteria is to Educate, bring community groups together and celebrate and recognise the Windrush Generation.  Unfortunately we are too late to apply this year (deadline 8th December 2020) however JW suggested setting up a small working group to support arranging an event 22nd June 2020. PW agreed and suggested that MW / JC and JR involved. Action: Please contact JW if you would like to be part of the Working Group.   Add to the Action Plan and PW also asked to review previous minutes. Work has been carried out already, previous minutes where Common Law Services presented.  PW asked JW to put together an initial brief and build on. Added as an agenda item for January 2020.


Community News Exchange


30th November  United African Association Caribbean Festival :- Live Music, Crafts, Fashion Competition, Story Telling, Dance, Poetry, Information Stands, Children’s Games, Caribbean Food and African Food.  Event running from 1pm until Late.  All very welcome Free Entry. Further information


30th November Bellinge Community House Fundraiser.  10.30 – 12.30.  Arts & Crafts, Books, Christmas Hampers.  Cllr King Auctioneer. Idverde Christmas cake.  All welcome


15th December Bellinge Community House – 16.30 – 17.30 Carols in the Square / 18.00 Carols in the Pub.  Community event for all. For all children there will be a Christmas gift.


22nd November NBC – International Men’s Day. Guildhall 4.00 – 6.00 pm followed by Charity Live Music & Comedy at Charles Bradlaugh 7pm till Late. 


Items for Discussion at the Next Meeting


The following items were added for the next meeting:

1.         Windrush

2.         Action Plan Update

3.         Suggestion Chaplain to attend from University, Cricket, Saints or Football.  Action: RP to share contact details to JW and JW to make contact to see if available to attend next forum.


Date Of Next Meeting


23rd January  11.00 – 13.00            NBC, Holding Room


2020 Dates:




23 Jan 2020                  

11:00 - 13:00

Holding Room - The Guildhall

19 Mar 2020                  

11:00 - 13:00

Holding Room - The Guildhall

21 May 2020                  

11:00 - 13:00

Holding Room - The Guildhall

23 Jul 2020                  

11:00 - 13:00

Jeffery Room - The Guildhall

17 Sep 2020                  

11:00 - 13:00

Holding Room - The Guildhall

19 Nov 2020                  

11:00 - 13:00

Holding Room - The Guildhall