Agenda and minutes

Venue: The Holding Room, The Guildhall, St. Giles Square, Northampton, NN1 1DE.

Contact: Partnerships and Communities Team  0300 330 7000 e-mail:

No. Item


Welcomes, introductions and apologies pdf icon PDF 54 KB


Present: Co Larratt (NBC, CL), Martin DeRosario (Co Chair MD), Barbara Barber (NBC, BB), J Forrest-Smith (Individual JFS), Aimee Luck (NBC, AL), Nisha Mejer (NBC NM), Cllr Julie Davenport (JD), Larry Barber (Individual LB), Madeline Boys (MB), D Peacock (Different Strokes DP), J Shaw (Northamptonshire Adult Social Services JS), L Fitzgerald (NASS LF), Graeme Wilson (Northamptonshire GW), Louise Faulkner (NBC LF), Carl Weininger (Polio Fellowship CW), Luisa Jepson (Northampton Inter Faith Forum LJ)


Apologies: Mike Jackson, Beverley Mennell, Rufia Ashraf




Minutes and Matters Arising

Please use the link below to view the Minutes of the previous meeting.


Minutes recorded as true


No matters arising


Wheelchair Accessible Vehicles - Louise Faulkner


LF works for the Licensing team and monitors taxi and private hire licences and works to ensure passengers on wheelchairs have better accessibility and not charged extra.


All hackney vehicles are accessible for wheel chair users by the side.


With private hire taxis this is down to the operator.


The feedback obtained from the team is that the service is good.


Some drivers are exempt from carrying people with disability as they have their individual reasons eg – some drivers are allergic to dogs and therefore cannot take guide dogs.


There is a day course for Disability awareness under the Equality Act 2010 for every new driver.


There have been complaints as some wheelchairs can be very heavy.


Q: Do you deal with coaches?

A: No. Northamptonshire County Council deals with this. Our team deals with vehicles for passengers up to 9 people.


CW: Part of the Polio fellowship and we organise day trips. Can you let me know of specific companies who specialise in helping people with disability?


LF: Please contact us and we can see if we can help.


CW: A lot of vehicles who cater for our needs are already booked up in the mornings as the drivers are doing the school run. Many people don’t need a wheelchair but find it hard to access the big steps on coaches.


To report any incidents or concerns visit


Or ring the contact centre: 0300 330 7000. Ask for Licensing dept.






Action Support (Scooter 2 Go) - Sue Armstrong


Will attend next meeting.


Northampton Inter Faith Forum - Luisa Jepson


LJ: Gave an update on the Hate Crime project with NIFF.


It was agreed that the Forum would be a Hate Crime and Hate Incident reporting agency.


Reports can be taken which would normally not go to the Police. Intelligence can be captured.


NBC officers – NM and AM to help administer these. MD to remind forum members at meetings.




Community Information Exchange pdf icon PDF 79 KB


Meeting with the Police and Crime Commissioner 20th July at 2-4pm.

GW: Gave updates from Northamptonshire Sport ACTION: NM to circulate.


JS: Part of NASS – would like to attend future meetings to give new proposals to forum. It was agreed that the forum would advise.


JS took on board some feedback from forum members to talk to senior manager.


CW: Would like to host a fundraiser. ACTION: NM to send Guildhall prices.



Items for Next and Future Meetings


Scooter2Go to attend.

Working Links and NASS to attend.



Date of the Next Meeting

July 14th 2017 10:30 – 12:30pm, The Guildhall


14th July 10:30am – 12:30pm, Holding Room, The Guildhall